Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer. To find out more go to nhs.uk/app
Who is it suitable for?
To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
How does it work?
Use the NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery. See details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice and medical help near you.
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP surgery has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
- register to be an organ donor – choose to donate some or all your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
The NHS App is free to download from the App Store and Google Play:
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
Watch this video to find out why to use the NHS App:
Watch this vide to find out how to register with the NHS app:
View your Covid Vaccine on the NHS App
You can view and download your COVID-19 vaccination status using the NHS App.
You need to create an NHS login to use the NHS App if you do not have one already.
NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests. You will need to register at least 2 weeks before your departure date.
To use the NHS App you must be registered with a GP surgery in England.
This is not the NHS COVID-19 app.